Do You 'Like' Us?
OK, it is time for a "thumbs down"! Put your phones, tablets and laptops to work for Oregon Youth Mountain Biking and 'like', share, comment and recruit.
Facebook - Go to our FB page - @OregonMTBkids - and 'like' us. Also comment on posts, and share them, or better yet, copy the post and publish a new post on your timeline. That will get more attention and new followers. If you find (or create) cool mountain bike-related posts that would be relevant to our supporters, include this hashtag in the post: #oregonmtbkids
Twitter - Follow us - @Oregonmtbkids - and retweet our tweets. Also, if you create a new tweet that would be relevant to our supporters, include our handle (@oregonmtbkids) and/or hashtag (#oregonmtbkids)
Instagram - Check out our new account - oregonmtbkids - and tag us on images that would be interesting to our supporters.
We Need Content!
Since we haven't yet started races and rides, we need stories and events to build interest in Oregon Youth Mountain Biking. Tell us your story! Or your kids! Or tag us when you are at a bike race, or on vacation, or a cool ride, or see local kids riding dirt. Take a photo of a cool trail, a killer view, a family outing, or even your mud-covered face after a good ride.
Do you know of a middle or high school student who rides, or wants to race, or has a great story to tell? Or a coach? Or a famous adult mtb rider? Or a bike shop? Or a club? Contact us and we can conduct an interview and take a few photos.
Next up is a Portland-region meetup, to be held on Monday, March 20, 6-7:30pm, at Velo Cult. We will show part of the inspirational Singletrack High movie, discuss the NICA racing league bid, and 2017 youth mtb events and goals.
Hello mountain bike supporters,
My road trip around the state is happening this week and next! I hope that we will have a bunch of new supporters, ideas and momentum from these four meetups, and then from the Portland meetup being planned for later this month or early March.
1. Road Trip: Bend Meetup - We are meeting this Thursday, Feb. 16, 6-8pm, at Cog Wild (upstairs behind Pine Mtn Sports). Here is the Eventbrite invite, please forward to your contacts in the area!
2. Road Trip: Eugene Meetup - We are meeting this Saturday, Feb. 18, 4-6pm, at the River House Outdoor Center. Here is the Evenbrite invite, please forward to your contacts in the area!
3. Road Trip: Oakridge Meetup - Ben Beamer and I will be meeting with a few others on Friday, Feb. 17, date and location TBD, but likely at Brewers Union. No formal invite for this, but let your Oakridge contacts know, and invite them to email Robert: email@example.com, or call my cell at: 971.221.3321.
4. Road Trip: Hood River Meetup - Rafe Lehner and I will be meeting with others on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 6-8pm, location TBD. No formal invite for this, but let your Hood River-area contacts know, and invite them to email Robert: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call my cell at: 971.221.3321.
5. Meetup: Portland - We will meet at Lumberyard or Velo Cult, date and time TBD, sometime in late February or early March. Portland-area supporters, let me know if you would like to help organize this one! Robert: email@example.com, or 503.289.0441.
Hope to see you all at one of these events! Until next time...
Look for us on Facebook and Twitter for up to date information about the Oregon youth mountain biking effort, and click on "Oregon NICA League" above for updates on our progress with the NICA Oregon race league application.